What do I need to get started?

Before you start your lessons you will need a provisional licence from the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA), click here to apply.

or you can pick up a D1 form from any Post Office. For more information on provisional licence costs, click here.

For more information on minimum ages and further requirements click here.

You can apply for a provisional licence 3 months before your 17th birthday.  If you want to start lessons as soon as you turn 17, why not arrange your first lesson as a birthday present to yourself?! Or get someone to buy you a gift voucher?